Category Archives: Uncategorized
Monarch Associates, a U.S. computer parts manufacturer, entered into a joint venture with a Russian computer technology company, Vladir Unlimited. The joint venture agreement was signed by both parties but created by Vladir and had an arbitration clause that called for all legal and nonlegal disputes, to be arbitrated in Russia. Vladir could also choose arbitrators from a panel maintained by the Russia Arbitration Institution. The panel members live in Russia.
Monarch now contends that a legal dispute with Vladir should be handled in the United States. Vladir insists that the dispute should be handled in Russia.
Using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research international law and its application to companies such as these. Write a five-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc.
Respond to the following questions in your essay:
- What laws govern arbitration in the U.S.?Â In Russia?
- In your opinion, in which country should the dispute be handled?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages for Monarch Associates under the arbitration arrangement?
- If you were Monarch Associatesâ€™ in-house counsel, what advice would you give them on negotiating future joint ventures with Russian businesses?
- What other considerations should Monarch Associates keep in mind in the formation of any future contracts with foreign companies?
Submit your assignment to theÂ W1: Assignment 3 DropboxÂ byÂ Wednesday, October 7, 2015.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Evaluated and explained the legal aspects of contracting internationally.||
|Explained the applicability of the arbitration clause in this setting.||
|Applied the legal principles to the facts to describe potential outcomes.||
|Supported statements with reasons and research.||
|Applied APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references.||
Without exception, all religions revere mystics and teachers who have had personal experiences of God beyond the ordinary, everyday reality. Such personal experience of God is called theÂ mystical experience. The word mystical is derived from the Greek muo, meaning to conceal. In a sense, the real manifestation of God is concealed from all but the mystics.
Every religion acknowledges mystics who have reported such direct experience of an indescribable, overpowering reality of God, which cannot be named or spoken of in ordinary terms. Other religions refer to wise men that are adept at detaching themselves from the real world, called sages (Hindu and Buddhism).
The fact that these experiences, as reported, share a certain similarity across cultural and religious boundaries has led some philosophers of religion to speculate whether they may be, in fact, the same experience. Perhaps all religions share a common mystical core at their center. The difference between viewpoints has to do with whether a relationship with a personal god exists.
As used in this course, the term mystic means a person claiming direct experience with God (monotheism) or the Ultimate Reality (Hinduism). Mysticism, in this sense, has nothing to do with crystal balls, tarot cards, Ouija boards, magic, or superstition of any kind. Rather, it is the hidden heart of a major religious tradition.
Please complete an essay of approximately 500 words in length addressing the following questions. Please be sure to include at least one reference with your assignment and use correct APA format for your citations and paper layout.
- Define and describe a mystical experience as understood within philosophy or one of the five religions we study in this course.
- Mystical experiences are usually life changing to those who experience them. Describe the positive and/or negative experiences of a mystic from the religion you chose in the first question.
- What sort of life style is conducive to mystical experiences? Is this kind of life style common in the United States of America? Does the relationship between life style and mystical experiences strengthen or weaken claims of mystical experience?
- Are mystical experiences real encounters with the divine, or is something else going on? If real, how so? If something else, what else?
Submit your response to theÂ M1: Assignment 3 DropboxÂ byÂ Wednesday, October 7, 2015. Your response should be at least two pages long. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Use the following file naming convention:Â LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3. doc.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Complete exploration of mysticism in chosen religious tradition, including:
|Significant critical analysis of the information requested in the assignment, which references the assigned readings and indicates an understanding of components of world religions.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||
|Justified ideas and responses by using appropriate examples and references from texts, Web sites, and other references or personal experience.||
Create A a 10 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation lecture for your class in which you address the following: Please no Plagiarism
- Describe the history of cognitive psychology.
- Explain how and why psychometric studies are used to study cognitive psychology.
- Discuss the benefits of research in psychometrics.
Include At least two scholarly articles.
Include At speaker notes with your presentation.
FormatA your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
CreateÂ a news release for your community to discuss the effects of aging on cognitive development. Your article should be 750 words. Address the following: Please no Plagiarism and references needed
- Evaluate the effects of aging on cognitive development.
- Provide two examples of scholarly research that support the points in your news release.
Discussion 1 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words with in text citations – What is social psychology? Â According to this chapter, what are the seven big ideas in social psychology? Â What effect do these ideas have on behavior?
Discussion 2 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words – Who provides memorable appraisals in your life: parents, teachers or peers? Â Which has been most positive? Â How have the appraisals threatened or boosted your self-esteem?
Discussion 3 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words with in text citations -Define social psychology.
Discussion 4 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words with in text citations – Explain the role of research in social psychology.
Discussion 5 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words with in text citations – Define the concept of the self in the social world.
Discussion 6 â€“ Discuss in 100-150 Words with in text citations – Apply socialization concepts to personal development.
Discussion 1 – How Reinforcing is My Reinforcer? â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – Â In Chapter One, our authorÂ discusses a ‘general rule’ that reminds us to make sure we have a true reinforcer before spending time trying to reinforce behavior. Â Â Please share an example that illustrates the importance of this rule. Â Have you ever attempted to use a reinforcer that did not truly act as a reinforcer? Â Please explain.
Discussion 2 – The Nature of Reinforcement -â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – Reinforcement is typically thought of as a ‘good’ thing. Do you agree or disagree? Why? Can you think of a time when reinforcement can produce an undesired behavior? What is an example of this?Â
Discussion 3 – Positive Reinforcement vs. Negative Reinforcement -â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – How does positive reinforcement differ from negative reinforcement? Â Â How are these concepts the same? Â What are some examples of each?
Discussion 4 – Stimuli â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – Determine if a stimuli is functioning as a reinforcer.
Discussion 5 – Reinforcing contingency â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – Explain the function of a reinforcing contingency.
Discussion 6 – Aversive Stimuli â€“ Discuss in 100 â€“ 150 words with in text citations – Explain the relationship between aversive stimuli and negative reinforcement.
In this assignment, you will explore and apply theories of development to your personal experiences.
Understanding theories of development is key in psychology. All people proceed through specific areas of change and growth in key areas as they go through life. Whatever path we take in life, understanding theories of development will assist us in motivating and guiding others, as well as understanding ourselves.
Apply the theories of development to your personal life experience by answeringeachÂ of the following questions.
- Jean Piagetâ€™s Stage Theory of Cognitive Development: At what age do you feel you entered the stage ofÂ Formal Operational Thought? Explain the stage briefly and then focus on providing examples of ways your thinking has shifted to indicate you have developed into this stage of reasoning. (For instance, provide an example of how your views of justice or morality have shifted as youâ€™ve matured.)
- Developmental Stage Theory of Erik Erikson: Choose one stage from Eriksonâ€™s Developmental Stage Theory and apply it to your own life. Explain the stage, age that it occurs, and how the central challenge of that stage played out in your life. What was the outcome of this stage for you? Did anything happen in your life prior to that stage that affected the outcome? How does the outcome from that stage affect how you are today? Provide specific details that demonstrate your understanding of the stage you choose.
- Lawrence Kohlbergâ€™s Theory of Moral Development: Considering the moral or ethical decisions that you have made in your life, describe one decision you made based on one of the three levels of moral development. Be sure to clearly explain the level of moral development and clearly identify the underlying ethical reasoning behind your decision. (For instance, you may explain a decision you made based on Preconventional morality when you were a child, or you may focus on a decision you made from a higher level of development as an adult.)
- Developmental Milestones:Â Motor Development.Â The unfolding of biological potential is known as â€œmaturation.â€ Motor skill development in babies is mostly controlled by the process of maturation. Think about a child that you have known (yourself, your own child, a friend or family member). Describe how the child progressed from rolling over, to sitting, standing, and walking. At what age did each milestone occur? Did the development occur in a â€œtypicalâ€ sequence based on what youâ€™ve learned in your text? Is there anything that occurred in the childâ€™s environment that either delayed motor development or facilitated it? What is the difference between â€œmaturationâ€ and â€œlearning,â€ based on your readings and observation?
Your response should be a 3â€“4-page Microsoft Word document written in a clear, concise, and organized manner. Be sure to demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. For help in citing sources, click on Academic Resources under Course Home.
Heres the Scenario:
Scenario: The King Family (Part 1)
Amy King, 38, and Marty King, 42, are a married couple of 19 years with two teenage children: Ashley, 15, and Aaron, 17. The family resides in a middle-class community in suburban Chicago. Amy is a stay-at-home mother, while Marty is the manager at a popular local restaurant. For the last 15 years, the family has struggled financially. Amy has attempted to obtain employment on numerous occasions, but each time she gets a new job, she has to leave the employment within a few weeks citing the need to â€œtake care of personal matters.â€ Marty handles the family finances and keeps a tight reign over spending.
For several years, there have been allegations of domestic violence in the home in varying forms. Amy has had numerous injuries, including the following:
- Black eyesÂ
- Broken arm (spiral fracture)Â
The alleged perpetrator of the injuries is Amyâ€™s husband, Marty. Both Amy and Marty have significantly downplayed the amount of violence in the home to concerned family and friends, who rarely get to see Amy and the kids. The only real contact the extended family has with the Kings is during the holidays. The police are very familiar with the King family, because there have been no less than 10 domestic violence calls to the home since 2000. Usually when the police come to the home, no arrests are made; however, in 2010, Marty was charged with domestic battery against Amy. With the assistance of her family and a victim advocate, Amy and the kids moved out of the home and filed an order of protection against Marty. However, Amy failed to appear in court, and the court dismissed the order. The criminal case was also dismissed. A few months later, Amy and the kids moved back into the family home.
In addition to the intimate partner violence in the home, Amy and Marty are faced with criminal charges being filed against their son, Aaron. Aaron was involved in a fight at school that resulted in the other student being hospitalized. Aaron was arrested for battery and is awaiting trial in juvenile court. Aaron presents as a very angry young man with multiple discipline issues in school and poor academic performance. Aaron has also presented at school with bruises to his face, which he states are caused during fights with peers.
The Kingsâ€™ daughter Ashley is a good student, a member of the track team, and is dating a fellow student, Jake. Ashley and Jake are inseparable, and Ashleyâ€™s parents have been concerned that Ashley spends too much time with Jake and that Jake is very controlling over Ashley. Marty recently forbid Ashley from spending any more time with Jake, but Ashley is defiant. She tells Marty and Amy that Jake is the only one who loves and understands her and that Jake needs her. Ashley has also had bruises to her neck and arms that she reports as track accidents. Aaron reports to his mother that he has seen posts on social media sites where Jake has made troubling comments about Ashley.
Week 1 Requirement: OBJECTIVE: Discuss the nature and scope of Family and Domestic Violence, including, but not limited to child abuse and neglect, intimate partner/relationship violence, and elder abuse
In this course, you will assume the role of a domestic violence victim advocate. Consider the scenario of the King family. For the Key Assignment, you will draft a memo to your supervisor, outlining what would be the best possible intervention options for the King family. The memo will include the following components:
Review the domestic violence (DV) wheel (also referred to as the Duluth model), discuss the categories, and give examples of each.
Outlining the key risk factors in the family
The DV phase the family is currently in based on the cycle of DV
A discussion of the teen dating violence experienced by Ashley
The ramifications of DV on Aaronâ€™s behavior and criminal case